So I have just recently come out of a one year and a half relationship. According to him, I “dumped” him, but I prefer to say I “initiated a mutual break-up”. We had no future together, completely different prospects. I was pretty devo trust me, our relationship was just falling into this boring routine and I couldn’t stand it. So I felt this post was appropriate.
Sorry if I’m coming across as a little harsh sometimes.
Okay, okay, at first it’s fine to do the following:
- Listen to sad music and lots of Taylor Swift
- Eat lots of chocolate
- Watch The Notebook and Bridget Jones’s Diary
- Stalk him on Facebook
- Stalk the girls he talks on Facebook
- Bitch about how much you love him
- Then bitch about how much you hate him
- And then bitch about how much you miss him
You can do these things for I would say the first week, MAXIMUM. But then
The first thing you need to do is learn to accept what has happened, happened. Acceptance will help you move on. You’re still allowed to miss him, but it’s time to start focusing more on yourself and not him and/or the relationship you both had.
- HANG OUT WITH YOUR FRIENDS!
- Listen to upbeat music (I would recommend You Make My Dreams Come True by Hall & Oats)
- By a shitload of makeup
- Exercise but don’t waste your money on the gym. Go jogging in the fresh air!
- Go out dancing, but remain classy
- Flirt a little, appropriately.
- Text him frequently
- Keep looking through photos you had together
- Have revenge sex/hook ups
- Post anything about your break-up on social media. Everything will think you’re a pain in the ass.
Just don’t give up hope on the future, love will come your way.